Friday, March 9, 2012

The Patience in Waiting

So...I started writing this blog over a week ago.  It's interesting how much can happen in such a seemingly short week and now, how much I have to update what I had written.

Original Post:
I know I haven't written in awhile but mostly because my life seems to be in a stage of waiting.  Currently I have been working on helping plan AIM's annual leadership conference end of April and booking/recruiting for summer mission trips.  While I have definitely been busy preparing, most of what needs to be done can't be done till closer to the actual events...thus I am in a stage of waiting.  Waiting each week for food ads to come out so I can buy items off of the food shopping list for camp that are on sale.  Waiting for t-shirt orders so I can send it in to our printer. Waiting for...well, you get idea.
It seems that everything apart from AIM is at a stand still as well.  While these last few weeks of pregnancy seem to be flying by, it has a way of feeling like forever...just anxious and excited to finally be able to hold our child in our arms.  We are still waiting to hear back from Drury University on Chad's application.  Once we hear about that, then it's another waiting period for his transcript evaluation so we can know when he can register for classes.  Chad is still job hunting.  While there seem to be a fair amount of jobs available, the application process really has become such an impersonal process with online applications.  It can definitely be frustrating at times.  Finally, Chad and I are still looking for a home church.  I only wish that Sunday came more than once a week so we could visit more churches and find a place to call home and get connected.

And I think that is about a summary of our lives right now.  While I have never been the most patient person, I am thankful for these days in my life.  Having to practice patience is just another opportunity for me to learn how to wait on the Lord and to trust that His timing in everything is perfect. =)

Now the many updates:
Another food sale ad came out and I was able to cross off more on my shopping list =)
T-shirt orders are in and sent off
Chad is officially a Drury University student
With the recent tornado, Chad was able to find work on a clean-up crew for the last week

...still waiting on the baby =)

No comments:

Post a Comment