Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Pinterest Challenge

I am in love with pinterest. Upon first discovery, I spent way too much time looking through things and pinning items that I will probably never use.  Chad thought it was another silly women thing and I don't remember exactly what he said but it made me want to challenge myself to actually do some of the projects I was pinning.

...and with that came the "pinterest challenge".  Basically I try and take 1 pin each week be it food, craft, cleaning, whatever, and do it.  I don't always get it done but my hard fast rule is if I pin new items then I have to do at least one.

With that being said I pinned more items these past couple days and thus had to do a project....I am actually quite proud of myself because in the last two days I did not 1 but 2 projects.  The second one I did yesterday was make homemade laundry detergent.  I've had the items for over a month now but just hadn't made it.  Since there are plenty of blogs out there on how to make it, I won't bother but here is the link to the one I used in case you are interested. http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2011/07/brand-name-laundry-detergents-last.html

The other one I did was a framed piece using Z's hand and foot prints.  I used this blog for instructions: http://www.thisgloriousday.com/2012/01/act-justly-love-mercy-walk-humbly.html

It was super simply and I love the finish project.

First, I took a piece of poster board I got at the dollar store for $.69 and cut it to my size. In the blog I think she said she did 16x20 but I made my 8x10 since Z is still so little.

 Next I had to find one of these =)

He wasn't so sure about the paint brush

Then I waited for the paint to dry.  
For the wording I had a metallic sharpie on hand that worked great.

And there you have it

On the wall above my desk. 
(I have since added pictures around it to make it not look so tiny on the wall)

And there you have it. My pinterest challenge of the week. =)

1 comment: